COVID-19 Business Update
Perth Concert Hall closed for Public Access until further notice
In line with the Federal Government's announcement made on Sunday 22 March regarding all entertainment venues to be closed / restricted in trade due to COVID-19, the Perth Concert Hall will not be open for public access until further notice. This includes closure of the lift from the City of Perth Car Park to the Perth Concert Hall Foyer, and in person contact with the Box Office.
We will be in contact directly with all ticket holders for events that have been postponed, rescheduled or cancelled.
We will keep you all posted on any further updates, and the reopening of Perth Concert Hall. In the meantime, The Perth Concert Hall is keeping the music alive through the following initiatives:
- History of the concert hall and content from various arts companies, including WASO, The Blue Room Theatre and PICA are being shared on Instagram and Facebook with #homeofmusicinwa.
- Creative projects that you can work on from home are being posted on their weekly 'PCH Pick Me Ups blog
- Gift vouchers are also available to use for events that on still on sale.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
Renowned as one of the finest music acoustics in the southern hemisphere, the Perth Concert Hall is located in the city centre of Perth and is within easy reach of major hotels and transport.
Perth Concert Hall is home to the West Australian Symphony Orchestra, with the Australian Chamber Orchestra and Musica Viva regularly touring to the venue. The Berlin Philharmonic, Chicago Symphony and Royal Concertgebouw Orchestras are among the other renowned classical music ensembles that have performed in the venue.
Many major contemporary artists have appeared on its stage including; Wynton Marsalis, Tori Amos, KD Lang, Michael Bublé, PJ Harvey and Noel Gallagher. The venue has resonated with the sounds of the legendary B.B King, Nina Simone and the incomparable Ray Charles.
The venue features
- 1731 seats divided into three main levels
- An impressive 3000 pipe organ built by Ronald Sharp
- Spacious galleries surrounding the main auditorium.
Perth Concert Hall's auditorium is surrounded by several well-appointed foyers, function spaces and outdoor areas suitable for cocktail functions, dining, product launches, trade exhibitions and marquee events.
The venue is wheelchair accessible and offers audio assistance for the hearing impaired.